I’m writing this on Sunday and scheduling it to post on Friday – which will be my first day of summer vacation. (Boy, I wish I could jump ahead and skip the intervening days!)
Last summer, I posted a set of goals for my vacation, and I did a pretty good job at meeting most of them. So, it seems like a good idea to make it an annual event. Here’s what I hope to accomplish before returning to school in the fall:
- Finish this draft of Voltage and one round of revisions before looking for beta readers. The current draft will be my first complete one (although I had two false starts) and I already have a laundry list of Stuff That I Need to Change, so I expect to address those things in the first full revision.
- Get at least 1/2 of the way through my first draft of the doomsday story (title keeps changing). I was working on it in tandem with Voltage for awhile, but I put it aside when I started making real progress with Voltage and didn’t want to lose my momentum. I don’t think it will be hard to get back into it.
- Read more blogs. I was happy that I was able to keep up with blogging during the school year, but I didn’t get around to other people’s blogs as often as I wanted. I look forward to reading more of YOUR posts while I’m off for the summer.
- Exercise. This usually means swimming in the pool, although taking the dog for long walks is also fun when it’s not too hot.
- Make over the play room into a teen/tween hangout. I don’t even look in the playroom anymore. It’s a filthy den of broken Barbie parts, half-completed crafts, remnants of school projects, Legos, and I shudder to think what else. It needs a massive clean-out, a new paint job, and then the fun part – shopping for new furniture!
What’s on your list for the summer?
P.S. In the early spring, I posted a picture of my barren back yard. I was asked to follow up with nicer pictures later. That’s one at the top!