Monday, June 27, 2011

First Draft Complete -- Woo Hoo!

There were times I thought I would never get this far with this story, but I am happy to announce that the first draft of VOLTAGE is complete!

Of course, now BOTH my wrists hurt from the feverish typing of last week -- 'cause when the floodgates opened, I couldn't stop writing. So, to rest my poor hands, I'm going to keep this brief and celebrate by sharing this short film, The Tesla Experiment: Twain in Vain.

Tesla is an important character in VOLTAGE, and Twain and Edison both make cameos. This little cartoon cheers me up, because even with my science-fictiony-science, VOLTAGE is not as fanciful as this!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing Voltage. That's huge! Now go rest those wrists and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Such a great feeling--but I know what you were saying about feeling a bit mournful once you finish and wanting to go back and stay immersed in that world. Enjoy this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great feeling! I might finish up this week but I have trouble finishing a first draft without a heavy heart (because next comes my least favorite part of the process- revision and editing) and I usually draw out the last two chapters longer than I need to so who knows! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know how happy I am for you but I do hope you'll take a day or two to relax, plop in front of the telly or pool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Dianne!!! *pops some Martinellis for everyone*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! As a Tesla-Edison-Marconi nerd, I'm intrigued by the concept of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Sounds like a great project. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanting to read it.

    I do like the portrayal of Nicola Tesla in the TV series Sanctuary. He, along with a few other historical figures were injected with blood that made them immortal. Tesla also became a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you! I hope you celebrated with at least a little dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Good luck with the dreaded edit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! And take it easy for a while.

    ReplyDelete